Monday, September 27, 2010

Lk 9:1-6

From Wednesday, September 22 reflection

"... he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God... Take nothing for the journey..."

Again, the idea that we have nothing in this life, save for the grace and mercy of God. This Word of Life tonight also struck me when it said "he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God." So often I get caught up in this earthly life that I forget about the spiritual life. I get caught up in teaching is my job instead of teaching is my vocation. I forget that teaching is where my God-given talents kiss the earth's needs. I forget that it is really God that sends me into that classroom everyday. I get caught up in teaching students instead of loving people. And if and when I do forget these truths, then I am not truly living my vocation and no wonder I am unhappy. I must not forget that, like the apostles, I am sent on a mission.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reminder about vocation. I just wish I could get into a classroom so I could discover if that's where I'm supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete